ASPCA Spay/Neuter Grants: A More Targeted Approach
Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 3-4 pm ET
Michael Barrett, Vice President, Grants Management, ASPCA
Kathleen Makolinski, DVM, Senior Director, Grants and Spay/Neuter Programs, ASPCA
The ASPCA awards grants to organizations that perform spay/neuter in an effort to control cat and dog populations. We will continue to offer such grants.
NEW: In order to best focus resources, the ASPCA now also awards funds to those spay/neuter programs that aim to decrease animal intake at shelters in their community and can measure the impact of their work. This webinar will answer the following questions:
- What is targeted spay/neuter and why is it important?
- How can my community implement a targeted spay/neuter program?
- How can geographic targets be determined?
- What data needs to be collected?
- What are some examples of targeted spay/neuter?
- How will ASPCA spay/neuter grant guidelines and application change?
- What about spay/neuter programs that are unable to collect local shelter intake data?
- What related resources are available?
This free, 60-minute webinar is for any organization who plans to apply for an ASPCA grant to fund spay/neuter.
All live ASPCApro webinars will be recorded and archived on ASPCApro.org.